Show Notes:46: Chase Replogle — Top 10 Books of 2018 and Some Thoughts on Buying Them
For the final episode of 2018, I’ve compiled the 10 most impactful books I read this year. Not all of them were published in 2018, in fact, several are much older, but these are the books that changed me most in some way.
- Leap Over a Wall: Earthy Spirituality for Everyday Christians, by Eugene Peterson
- On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books, by Karen Swallow Prior
- The Complete Stories of Flannery O’Connor
- Virgil Wander, a novel by Leif Enger
- The Art of X-Ray Reading: How the Secrets of 25 Great Works of Literature Will Improve Your Writing, by Roy Peter Clark
- Paul: A Biography, by N. T. Wright
- Faith That Matters: 365 Devotions from Classic Christian Leaders
- The Imperfect Pastor: Discovering Joy in Our Limitations through a Daily Apprenticeship with Jesus, by Zack Eswine
- Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Christian in Community, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Wounded Healer: Ministry in Contemporary Society, By Henri Nouwen
*Check out @BarnabasPiper for book deals.